Wednesday 21 July 2010

An Award for The Celluloid Highway


In the last few weeks The Celluloid Highway has picked up three versatile blog awards so I thought I'd say  thank you and pay tribute to those, who in their generosity of spirit, read and support my efforts and chose to recognise this blog. Thank you to Jinx at Totally Jinxed , Liam at LessThanThree Film and Jen at Zombies are Magic! for bestowing this award upon me.

The rules of this award are as follows:
1. Thank the person(s) who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 blogs who you believe are also deserving of this award.
4. Let the recipients know about the award.

7 things about me
1. I have a 1st class degree in English and Film Studies and a Masters Degree in Film Studies - I've lectured and taught film studies...but its terribly dull! - too many 16-21 year olds who are more obsessed with their hair than the films of Alfred Hitchcock or Orson Welles.

2. I live alone on the top of a 40 foot pillar of salt.

3. My heroes include Alan Shearer, Eric Bristow (5 times world darts champion if you didnt know - I met him once in a pub in Wiltshire...thoroughly decent chap), Andy Partridge of XTC, Werner Herzog, Mike Oldfield, and Clint Eastwood.

4. I'm unemployable

5. I hate every form of motor vehicle - I want to see a river of orchids where they had a motorway.

6. My favourite film of all time is 2001: A Space Odyssey

7. I passed away this morning.

15 EXCELLENT AND DESERVING BLOGS
Acidemic Film
Behind the Couch
Cool Ass Cinema
Common Sense Movie Reviews
Cult Movie Reviews
I Like Horror Movies
Italian Film Review
LessThanThree Film
Midnight Confessions
Mondo 70: A Wild World of Cinema
The Death Rattle
The Film Connoisseur
Totally Jinxed
Watching Hammer: The Hammer Films Review
Zombies are Magic!

Thank you one and all!

5 comments:

  1. Shaun you're awesome! Strangley it was Alan Shearer that surprised me. Don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a side effect of being a lifelong Newcastle United fan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Newcastle! I live in Newcastle, or 'The Toon' as we call it, so I appreciate that. Though when his picture is in every bar or every bar is named after him you get a little bored. The upside is when people say 'Shearer' up here it sounds like 'She-Ra' which I much prefer. But I don't think Alan would appreciate being called 'The Princess of Power' which is a shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont think I could ever get bored of Shearer, though to be fair, like most pundits, he has become a bit of a nonce now. I think he'd appreciate it much more for if he was dubbed "King of Morrisons" - one of the bonuses of the World Cup being over is I no longer have to see my footballing hero trying to sell burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha. I'd already forgotten about that. So funny. Morrisons are employing everyone to hawk their wares. Could have been worse though, coud have been damn Gazza.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails